Saturday, June 18, 2005

Good times and good friends

Last night I had the honor of going to dinner with two of the most dashing gentlemen I know. That's right-- I got to spend the whole evening with Peter-san and Blake-san. They were wonderful enough to come up to Hitachi for dinner and nice conversation. What a treat! Once again I was reminded of how blessed I am not only to have amazing friends, but to have several of them in Japan with me!

One of the greatest titles we can have is "old friend". We never appreciate how important old friends are until we are older. The problem is we need to start our old friendships when we are young. We then have to nurture and grow those friendships over our middle age when a busy life and changing geographies can cause us to neglect those friends. Today is the day to invest in those people we hope will call us 'old friend" in the years to come. --Grant Fairley



Blake, Peter, Ann

Posted by Hello

3 comments:

Blakewell said...

Dashing is certainly a befitting term for the aforementioned gentlemen. Yes, I think so.

Judith said...

Nice picture. Your hair has gotten so long. It looks good but it's probably very hot.
- Judith

Anonymous said...

Great quote! Glad you're making Old Friends now!!!