Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Father's Day!

Today is the day to take time and honor those hardworking and faithful men in our lives. So to all you in blogland who have kids of your own or are influencing the lives of those around you.

So today I will pay special tribute to my dad, aka my most faithful blog reader. :) My father, one of the manliest men around, was blessed with two daughters. But he remained optimistic about the arrows in his quiver and was a great father to us. He taught us to drive and hunt and shoot a gun, ride a four wheeler and appreciate a good recliner. He has also encouraged me to be an independent thinker, even when that means that my conclusions are different from his own. But he seems to be handling that well. :)

I remember Father's Day two years ago quite well. I was in a hospital in Oklahoma City and my dad was having to work a lot of the time I was sick, so he was making fairly frequent 5 hour commutes between OKC and Texarkana. Well Father's Day was one of those days that he made the big drive, and I remember thinking how blessed I was to have a father who loved me enough to go through all the hassle just to get to me and spend a few days taking care of me. I'll never forget it.

So thank you, Dad, for everything. Happy Father's Day!


Molly, Dad, Ann-- Father's Day 2004

Posted by Hello

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"So to all you in blogland who have kids of your own or are influencing the lives of those around you."

Is that a fragmented sentence?

Oh, and STAN'S THE MAN!!!

jettybetty said...

Ann,
Would you like some blogging material?
I tagged you at my blog.
JB

friend said...

Sounds like a great dad. Blessings to him.