Saturday, June 11, 2005

A splash of color

Realizing that my blog has been rather serious and somewhat dreary (in my opinion at least) for some time, I thought I'd lighten things up with a picture blog. No, they really have no relevance other than I want to post them and they make me happy. So here goes!


This is Meredith, me, and Amber in Honduras last summer. I was going for my JLo gangta look. You'll notice that Amber and I are in opposing gangs. Too bad, really. :) But right now my dear Meriadoc is in Honduras again probably having all kinds of fun and hijinx with our dear Amba.



I have been missing this crazy bunch of people a lot lately. This is, more or less, the 2000 Honors class from OC. This photo was taken after our first semester of college. Although we were known at times to have sharp disagreements, we also ultimately came to love and respect each other in a special way. I love these people so much!


This is my oldest friend Nina. She's not old, she's my age, but she is my oldest friend in that we've been friends for 17 years (since first grade with Mrs. Hayes) and still keep in touch. Nina says that this is a testimony to the power of the internet (since we've lived far away for 7 years now). I agree. In the picture we are pointing to Stephenville, where we grew up.


"I'm so vain... I probably think this blog is about me..." But really, I just received a CD-ROM with a lot of pictures from my campaign to Brazil last summer and this was on there. I like this picture because I believe I was really, really happy when this was taken.


Last but not least, here is a shot from a Toga party we Hitachi-folk had right before I got sick. I normally wouldn't have dressed up, but what the heck. It was a fun experience.

So there ya have it! Hope this is mildly entertaining to some. If not, stick around maybe I'll tickle your fancy later.

Peace.


Posted by Hello

3 comments:

Amber said...

Oh Ann,
I love you so much. I wish you were here. Nothing can live up to the adventures of last summer but we are having fun. You are definitely in our thoughts most of the time. I love the pictures. Look how young we all were in honors. It´s so funny to remember those days. Meredith and I were telling tiffany about all the different honors kids and we got a big laugh out of that. Reminiscing is a lot of fun. Tiffany feels like she knows you already from how much we´ve talked about you. You´re the best. I love you.

crittermer said...

Hello, Ann! Here`s a shout-out from Central America! Amber and I are here in the internet cafe, getting a kick out of your pictures! We`ve definately had a lot of "remember when" moments this week. We miss you dearly, but we know you are touching a lot of lives where you are! Take care and I hope to see you soon!

Love, Meredite

Anonymous said...

Whee! That WAS fun! Aren't you glad we didn't grow up in Amarillo? I think we'd both have to tiptoe to point to that.