Monday, June 05, 2006

Day 4

I promise that all of my blogs won´t be titled the number of days I´ve been here, but right now I am completely at a loss for a creative title.

I have some free time and internet access so I thought I´d fill you in a little on what I´ve been doing. Friday and Saturday were great times of catching up with the Graves and the Duttons. I love them so much!

Sunday was such an emotional day. I was so happy to be back at the Guanabara church and see all my beloved friends, but at the same time it was the Graves´ last day and that was very sad. Then we had a traditional lunch of McDonalds with the Duttons (hip hip hooray for Tyler...) and just played around the rest of the afternoon.

Then last night Jonathan and I came to Itu! My stomach was turning backflips the whole way here I was so excited to see everyone. And luckily they were having a choir practice when we arrived at the church building, so I got to see most of my good friends here! I wish I could tell you how happy it made me. I´m still kind of floating in a happy daze.

We went to a festa juninha last night and then hung out at my friend´s English school. I haven´t laughed this much in a long time!

My Portuguese is coming along alright. I draw some satisfaction from the fact that I know a lot more Portuguese than most gringos that come here. Of course Jonathan is putting me to shame, though, even though he speaks like a Carioca. ;)

Like I said before, my heart is overflowing from all these happy reunions and my stomach is full from a LOT of good food! That´s about it! I´m going to try to put some pictures on here sooner or later. Thanks for all your messages! Love you lots and lots!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Can I get your address? ;)

~Cherry Pie

Leah said...

I am SO excited for you (okay, and a bit jealous. A festa juninha--fun times!). Remember our festa juninha party at the church building? Hope all goes well for you. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Wow! It sounds like you are having a great time. I can kind of identify with the feeling of happiness. We are still in Italy, but we have friends spread out all over and we don't get to see them very often. The best is a convegno, when tons of church people come together in one place!

I would love to see pictures when you get a chance!