Friday, June 23, 2006

Your Side of the World

The other day I was listening to my Steven Curtis Chapman, "All About Love" CD (which is fabulous by the way), and suddenly this song started. It´s about cross-gender communication, but this time I heard it in a different way-- in the context of cross-cultural communication. So today I dedicate this song to my beloved Brazilians who I am trying so hard to understand. :) Maybe some of you folks can relate.

Your Side of the World by SCC

So here we are we're standing face to face
And yet we seem to be a million miles apart
This world can feel like such a lonely place
It all depends on what you see from where you are
So please, please tell me what you can
'Cause I want to understand

How does it look from your side?
How does it look from where you are?
How does it look from your side,
From your side of the world?

So tell me the color of your sky above
Paint me a picture of the things that make you smile
Show me your fears and what you're dreaming of
Take me to where my heart can see across the miles
And please, please tell me what you can
'Cause I want to understand

How does it look from your side?
How does it look from where you are?
How does it look from your side
From your side of the world?

Don't be surprised to find I'm not too far away
'Cause what we are both in search of is one and the same
So please, please tell me what you see
'Cause I really want to be the one who understands


-----------------------

By the way, unless you´re living under a rock or in America, you know it´s world cup time! Yesterday was interesting because it was the Brazil vs. Japan game. Everyone picked on me, asking who I was rooting for. :) I liked it because I could cheer for everyone! And, as I think everyone kind of expected, Brazil whooped Japan soundly, 4-1. Brazil´s in the playoffs! Hexa!!!

2 comments:

Misty said...

About the World Cup...

So, I was skimming through the Reuters Oddly Enough section, and there was a story about an American who got lost in Hanover and couldnt' find his hotel. Not only did he forget where it was located and what it looked like, he forgot it's name. He told the German police that he remembered passing a Mercedes dealership on his way to check in. It took them 6 hours to find the hotel, but they found it!

Good story!

(It ties in to cross-cultural communication somehow)

Anonymous said...

How come you always get to hang out in Brazil during the World Cup?! What better place to be!