Wednesday, June 28, 2006

More pictures

Well here we go with part 2 of the picture post, if Blogger will cooperate today.



This is a picture of the church choir. I love it! We performed Saturday and Sunday at the inaguration of a new church plant from the Itu church in the neighboring town of Salto. Our fearless leader is in black on the left.




Since it´s my blog and my pictures, here´s another photo of the soprano section.


Speaking of work in Salto, this is the minister, Joncilei, his wife Karina (I think), and their son Joab with the LST team from San Angelo-- Josh, Kristen, Cindy, and Jared. They were fun and we all enjoyed them!


Then on Sunday I was honored to see the ceremony of Antenor Gonçalves being made an elder at the church here. To know Antenor (or any of the Gonçalveses) is to love them. Antenor is second to the right. The other three men ar the current elders.


This is my precious friend, Jandira. She is a lifesaver. Last week I was stressed out, so she kidnapped me away to the farm thing where her mom lives. This is us in front of a waterfall you can´t really see.

Maybe I´m the only one greatly amused by this church, but I am. Translation: Second Baptist Church.

2 comments:

morris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Misty said...

I love these photo posts. Brazil is beautiful, all I'm saying. Perhaps I'll start working on my Portugese...