Sunday, April 25, 2004

Boys Behaving Badly


So, as I wrote that last thoughtful post, I was watching Jackass for the first time. Some of you might be thinking, "But wait, doensn't OC block MTV?!" Why yes, they do. But they don't block MTV2!
For those of you not in the know, Jackass is a show where this group of boys pull stunts to basically see how much they can injure themselves without actually killing themselves. Hence the title. For example, the most disturbing segment I saw tonight was where a guy had his butt cheeks pierced together. It looked so terribly, disturbingly painful. (note: he had it removed approximately 2 minutes after it was put in). Yuck. There were also some stunts that were so vulgar they cannot be mentioned here.
I know I am making a general, broad, stereotypical statement here, but this is such a guy show. The main themes are enduring pain, inflicting pain, bodily fluids, and vulgarity. There's even this "little person" on the show who they simply refer to as "Wee Man." I seriously doubt I'll be watching this show ever again, although I do admit I found it strangely entertaining.

No comments: