Friday, May 14, 2004

New 'Do

Today I went in for my quarterly haircut. Quarterly may be more frequent than I go in, though. I probably go once a semester then once in the summer.
One of the reason for the long span between haircuts is that I never found a stylist in OKC that I liked. I've gone to the same woman in Texarkana for several years now. Her name is Holli and she works at the JC Penney Salon, just in case you're ever in this part of the world and needing a haircut.
Anyhoo, the last two times she's seen me she's been semi-traumatized at the amount of hair that I had lost. You see, being severely malnourished for 6 months last year had some side-effects that you might not automatically think of, such as hair loss. I was literally losing hair by the fistfull at one point last fall.
However, today Holli was like, "Ann! Your hair looks so much better! You have about 2 inches of new hair that is growing all over your scalp!" :) So I'm kind of like a baby, or a baby chick, or a man using Rogaine. I am re-growing hair! I'm excited. So in a year or so that will fully grow out and I'll once again have nice, full, thick hair. :)
Oh yeah, by the way, in case you're curious I got the same old haircut. About an inch below my shoulders with long layers.

No comments: