Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Boxes from Home!

It has rained all day. Literally. Not a break in the clouds. And it is cold. Brrr... I have been a little bit of an Ann-cicle today, but I am trying to mentally prepare myself because this is not the coldest it is going to get. But hopefully I will get my electric blanket before it gets too cold. Crazy Japanese and their lack of insulation/central heat. So needless to say I was not in the most genki of moods today.
That was until about 7:00 tonight. Then the faithful Japanese postal service delivered 2 packages from home to me! Yatta (yay)!!!!!!! I got a box of sweaters and a box of goodies, including some pictures of my family that we had made right before I left. Plus I got a Mrs. Baird's cherry fried pie, which I just happened to be dreaming of yesterday! My mommy can read my mind! I got lots of cool stuff, and I am eternally grateful to my folks for getting it together and shipping it to me. And you know once of the best parts? It smells like home. I can't explain it, but it does. Now my apartment smells like home. :) Awwh. So between the phone calls yesterday and the packages today, I am doing a-okay, even despite the cruel weather. God is faithful to provide for us exactly what we need each day.
Lately I have been re-reading through Judges. Judges is very endearing to me, because I believe it is a collection of how God used unlikely people to do great things. Just re-read through it sometime and notice that all of the judges are oddballs in one way or another. I guess sometimes when those most suited to leadership won't step up, God prepares and uses unlikely candidates for his glory and to fulfill his will. I am tempted to launch into a commentary on how this what is happening in the church today with female leadership, but I'll lay off that for now. :) Man, it's been a while since I've gone on a schpeil about some random Biblical topic. I think it's because I don't really know anyone here well enough yet to let them see that strong-willed, slightly eccentric side of my personality. :) Hmm, should I let my faithful blog readers peer into my true mental ramblings? We'll see. ;)
And I would like to give a birthday shoutout to my dear former roommate, Traci! Happy birthday T-Bird!!!! :)

No comments: