Sunday, October 03, 2004

I Got Chills, They're Multiplyin'...

Hmm, what are the highlights of the last three days.
Friday I watched 6 junior high boys volleyball games. Exciting stuff. But I was proud, because my school's team came in 3rd place in the city. Go Namekawa go! Then we had an enkai later that night which was fun, but I found out that two of my favorite teachers are leaving, so I am very bummed out about that. :( One of them was a person who I was using as motivation to learn Japanese, because she seemed so sweet that I wanted to be able to talk to her. As I was saying goodbye she leaned over and said, "Don't forget me!" Talk about a tear-jerking moment. Then after the enkai I went out karaoking with my fellow ALTs, which was a blast. Ian and I did a mean rendition of the Grease medly duo. I have some of the coolest co-workers in the world.
Saturday I went to my frist Japanese class, which was awesome. Pretty much every town has a volunteer organization which offers Japanese classes for next to nothing. I was in a 2 hour one on one class and paid 500 yen, which is about $5. I had a really nice teacher and I think I am going to learn a lot from her. Then after class Tomoko (my roommate from college) picked me up and I spent the day with her, her family, and the OC study abroad student they are hosting. It was lots of fun to hang out with them. We went to a shrine which was interesting and exotic to me. Saturday night I had hands down the best meal I've had since I have been in Japan-- Japanese barbeque. Lord have mercy, it was sinfully delicious. Real steak! Yum...
This morning we went to church in Mito, which was awesome as always. The Sunday school class is listening to a taped sermon series by Rick Atchley at Richland Hills on revival, and it was awesome. I wish I could be there every week to hear it. Then after the service, guess where we went for lunch... Wendy's! :) Yep, I had a good old Wendy burger with meat and bread only (thanks to Chie ordering for me). Then back to church for EBC and home again. Good weekend, but full weekend. Doesn't really feel like I had much of a break. And for that very reason I am wrapping this up and going to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ann,
Where are you studying Japanese and who is your teacher? Also,thanks for posting pictures. Please post some of the members of Taga church if you don't mind. I would love to see how everyone is doing.

Take care and God bless.

Rick