Thursday, October 07, 2004

Hymn of the Moment

Sometimes those old school hymns have such a powerful message they carry through the years to give energy and strength to even a child of post-modernism. This song has been lingering in my mind for the past week or so, so I just wanted to share it's timeless message to my dear blog readers.

My Hope is Build on Nothing Less by Edward Mote

My hope is build on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame but wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness veils his lovely face, I rest on his unchanging grace
In every high and stormy gale, my anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand.

His oath, his covenant, his blood support me in the whelming flood
When all around my soul gives way, he then is all my hope and stay.
On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand.

When he shall come with trumpet sound, O may I then in him be found
Dressed in his righteousness alone, faultless to stand before the throne.
On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand.

Every line is so moving to me. What beautiful imagery, capturing our need for a savior and God's willingness to provide. Christ and his salvation really is the only place where we can stand, and even then we are being held up by his strength and grace.

There's your sentimental, deep post from Ann. :) Love you all.

No comments: