Friday, August 06, 2004

Don't look at me in that tone of voice!

Today Dr. Phil said that only 7% of communication is verbal; 93% is non-verbal. What does this say for things like email and instant messaging? I love email; I have several friends with whom the vast majority of our communication is through email. I have one dear friend who I communicate with exclusively through instant messanger, and we've been doing that for the past 6 years. However, I do believe that with some relationships, instant messaging/emailing can be from the devil. Miscommunications thrive in those media. Unfortunately, I'm entering a lifestyle through with non-verbal communication is going to be my only way to stay in touch with most people. I figure if you have a true connection with people built on solid foundations, you can communicate through things like email and IM. I'm hoping so, at least. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh! I hope I am that "dear friend!"

And like I said, you may be receiving many comments are I continue my adventure.

Crazy,
ninaintexas