Friday, August 06, 2004

A technical misnomer

Today I noticed something while I was cleaning out our "recycle bin" on our computer. Why is it called a recycle bin? First of all, shouldn't it be a "recycling bin"? Second of all, isn't it really just a trash can? You're not really looking to re-use the stuff you delete, are you? No, you're trashing it. Deleting it forever. Putting it in the preterite, as Doctora Miller would say. Maybe one of you smart folks out there knows why it's called a "recycle bin" rather than a trash can.
Thus ends this random rant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ann, I am going to do research on this mystery of life.

But first, I wanted to let you know I am taking a break from my journey through your journal to play dodgeball. ... Yes! Dodgeball!

Ballin',
ninainlubbock