Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Uprooting and the Amazing Race

Today as we were driving to visit my grandparents, I started thinking about the fact that they have pretty much lived in the same place their entire lives. They know who lives in every house, the three people who lived there before them, what job their dad did and why the black sheep of the family was outcast. This fascinates me, mainly because I don't know if I'll ever be anywhere long enough to sink my roots in that far. It's so tempting... to stay with everything familiar and live life where you can speak the language and understand how everything works. I think that is a great plan and probably what God intends for the majority of people, but I'm really feeling called elsewhere. Who knows, now that I say all of this that soccer mom comment I made in my last post will probably come true. :) Yeah well, we'll see...
Since you'd probably like to hear about other things rather than just "how Ann feels about moving to Japan", I will offer you this. I formally renounce my support of Collin and Christie on the Amazing Race. After Collin's repeated displays of rage and psychoticism. I think I'm going to have to go with Chip and Kim for the long haul. I'm just not feeling the Bowling Moms, the "Christian models" and twins are really irritating. I can't wait to see who has to shave their hair off. I hope the models. :) I'm going to get my mom to tape the remaining shows for me and send them to me. I love this show. I would LOVE to compete on it one day. I may not do very well, but boy I'd have fun doing it. Just think-- even if you get eliminated in the first round you still get to go somewhere really cool. I hope they come to Japan while I'm there. I'd totally help them out so I could get on TV. And I'd try to meet the host, Phil! He seems super-nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited that you are coming to Japan. I love the Amazing Race. I've tried to get my sister to tape the last two seasons of it, but she always forgets. I hope you will let me watch it with you when your mom sends it. We can have an Amazing Race party at my house if you want! Hope to meet you soon! Judith