Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Fast Forward

The past two months have felt like suspended animation-- I have been in limbo while I waited for paperwork. That's not a great feeling. Now suddenly everything is going like it should have two months ago, except it feels 10 times faster, so I've gone from living life on pause to living in fast forward. I kind of like it, though. For a while I've been feeling apprehensive about this whole Japan thing, but when I saw the FedEx on the porch the first emotion that ran through me was excitement, not apprehension. That makes me think that my primary emotion towards this whole thing is positive rather than negative, which is a relief.
Now I'm trying to think about logistical issues: organizing stuff for my mom to ship to me (books and cold weather clothes), finishing up writing those thank you notes for various things, cleaning my room, making final selections for what goes into the suitcase and what stays here, figuring out when I need to sleep on the plane if I want to avoid jet lag, misc misc.
But I'm excited. I can't wait to have all of these adventures. One day I am going to be the cool soccer mom who speaks several languages and has all kinds of exotic trinkets in her house. :)

No comments: