Sunday, January 09, 2005

Happy Birthday Peter-san!

Yesterday I had the honor and privilege of spending the day with one of my dear friends celebrating his 24th birthday. Peter has been such a blessing to me since I have been in Japan. That first month here, his comfort, advice, and empathy are most of what kept me from boarding a plane out of this crazy country back to the US. As a fellow "child of Bailey" he has been a great companion and conversationalist, stretching my mind and vocabulary through our time together. So Peter-san, my blog salutes you. May this year bring you all kinds of adventure and enriching experiences. And hopefully a trip to Singapore. :)

PS- It is the tradition of this blog to post a picture of the birthday celebrator, but somehow I have no pictures of Pete. :-O Submissions welcome. If only I had a copy of that picture of you in the sombrero to put on here! :)

No comments: